Aperol SpritzmenotEdit Post
Contributed by on Jun 06, 2019
One reader loves this post.
As you may have seen, the New York Times recently published an article on the Aperol Spritz. This excellent, divisive article has driven a wedge through our home. My wife likes the drink. I'm sensible so I don't. There are many wonderful cocktails in the spritz family! I tend to like drinks with a some bubbles because they're nice, boozy and refreshing.
I also really like Cognac and we've been tinkering with infusing banana into cognac. Like strawberry brandy, banana is one of those tastes you think is sweet because of the association with the fruit, but it's not actually that sweet. Infusing Cognac with banana is also simple. Just slice up a banana into small pieces, drop those pieces in a Cognac-filled mason jar, and shake it up when you walk past. We strained out the banana at Day 3.
Learn more about making the
- 1 oz Banana infused Cognac (we used Merlet VSOP)
- .5 oz Cynar 70
- ~2 oz sparkling white wine (Lamarca prosecco)
- 2 dashes of earl grey bitters
Nick and Nora Glass
- Add all ingredients to a shaker.
- Shake and strain.
To make Banana Infused Cognac
- Cut a banana into small pieces, put in a mason jar. Add a quarter bottle or so of Cognac.
- Shake whenever you walk by the mason jar for 3 days.
- Double strain.