Blood Orange Margarita
From The Framed Table on Feb 06, 2013
Click if you like this post
- Margarita salt
- 2 ounces of tequila (we used Cazadores Reposado)
- 1-1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce orange liqueur (we used Cointreau)
- 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar (or 1/2 ounce simple syrup - see Notes for recipe)
- 1 ounce blood orange purée (see below)
- lime and blood orange wedges or wheels for garnishing
- Coat the rim of a rocks or margarita glass with a little lime juice.
- Pour a small amount of salt on a plate and dip the rim of the glass in the salt.
- Fill the glass and a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, agave nectar and blood orange puree and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into the glass, and garnish with lime and blood orange pieces.
- Blood Orange Purée: segment, peel and seed 4 blood oranges Combine slices with 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or 1 tablespoon simple syrup) and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice. Purée in a blender or food processor until smooth. Adjust sugar to taste. Makes about ¾ cup.
- Simple Syrup: mix 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water In a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool. Pour into a glass jar and cover. Makes about 1 1/2 cups. Will keep in the refrigerator for a few months.