You hear the tinkering tune approaching from blocks away. It haunts you as you quickly dig for quarters and dimes in the cushions of the couch and the hanging jackets in the house. You must have your Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bar. If you are able to put three quarters, two dimes, and a dusty penny together, that ice cream is all yours. You hear “da-du-da-du-da-da-dee-dee-da-da” come around the corner and with a handful of change, you run out the door towards today’s victory.
It’s National Ice Cream Day, ladies and gentlemen. Celebrate the holiday with ice cream and an extra cherry on top—and by cherry we mean booze.
Here are three delicious adult ice cream recipes to make your sweet tooth sing with delight:
Kahlua Ice Cream Shots: (12 servings)
- 12 mini ice cream cones
- 1 ½ cup of milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup of Betty Crocker chocolate sprinkles
- ½ cup Kahlua liqueur
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 12 maraschino cherries
1. If using standard-sized cake cones, use a very shape knife to slice the large top from each cone leaving just the smaller portion of the cone. (mini cones won’t need this step)
2. Melt chocolate chips and spoon equal amounts into the center of the cones to completely coat the bottoms and insides. Turn the cones upside down and allow extra to drizzle out. Dip rim in extra melted chocolate, and then dip into sprinkles. Set aside, right side up, and allow to cool and harden. (Can be placed in fridge)
3. When ready to serve: in a medium bowl, whisk together Kahlua and ice cream until smooth and foamy. Pour mixture evenly into each cone then top with whipped topping, additional sprinkles, and a cherry. Serve immediately.
Recipe found on – tablespoon.com
Vanilla Bean Bourbon Ice Cream: (makes about 1 quart)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 2 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp. of bourbon
- 2 cups of cold heavy cream
In a mixing bowl, stir in condensed milk, vanilla extract, and bourbon. In a large bowl of a standing mixer, beat cream on high until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture. Pour into a regular sized loaf pan, and freeze until firm, 6 hours.
Recipe found on – ehow.com
Chocolate Milkshake Cocktail with a hint of Mint: (4 servings)
- Orange wedge
- Course sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of chocolate ice cream
- 1 1/3 cups of chocolate milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Chocolate curls
- Maraschino cherries
1. Using 4 martini glasses, rub rim with wedge of orange. Place sugar in a shallow dish; place cocoa in another shallow dish. Inver glasses and dip in sugar and then in cocoa powder to coat rims. Divide ice cream equally among martini glasses.
2. Combine and chocolate milk, vanilla, and peppermint in pitcher. Pour over ice cream. Top with chocolate curls and cherries.
Recipe found on – recipe.com