Brandy Infused Salted Caramel MarshmallowsEdit Post
Contributed by on Dec 10, 2018
Four readers love this post.
DrinkWire is Liquor.com’s showcase for the best articles, recipes and reviews from the web’s top writers and bloggers. In this post, Cocktail Chatter Box offers a boozy marshmallow recipe.
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of apple brandy
- 1 cup of salted caramel baking chips
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Baking parchment or waxed paper
- Take a toothpick and create a hole in the center of each marshmallow. (Take care to not bore completely through the entire confection, you'll want to leave a bit of enclosure at the base to keep the brandy from spilling out.)
- Using a pour spout, pour apple brandy into each marshmallow. (It's best to do this over a small bowl or tea cup. That way you can keep from wasting any runoff, and ultimately save any spilled liquor)
- Place the infused marshmallows, base down, into a container. If you're on a time crunch, put them in the freezer for 20-25 minutes, then move them to the refrigerator until you're ready to dip them in the caramel. If you're not in a hurry, leave them in the refrigerator over night.
- Melt the salted caramel baking chips - place them into a small bowl with the teaspoon of butter, place it into the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat for 30 seconds each time until stirring creates a smooth liquid-like consistency.
- Keeping the base side up, dip the infused marshmallows into the melted caramel chips.
- Place each marshmallow, after dipping, caramel side up onto a piece of baking parchment or waxed paper so the candy can dry and harden.