California Rum Festival in San Francisco on September 7Edit Post
Contributed by on Aug 23, 2019
Four readers love this post.
May I have another?
Tickets are now on sale for the California Rum Festival in San Francisco on September 7.
There are three tiers for tickets for the Grand Tasting with more than 40 brands including the Rums of Puerto Rico, The Real McCoy, Angostura, Smith and Cross, Hampden Estate, Santa Teresa 1796, Havana Club, Rum Fire, Caroni, Clairin, Worthy Park, Plantation, Rhum J.M., Flor de Cana and many more!
VIP tickets are $70 and admission is at 2:30 to 6 p.m. You’ll have access one hour before the general admission folks totaling 4 hours at the Grand Tasting.
General admission is $60 a ticket and you’ll enjoy access to the Grand Tasting for 3 hours.
And if you’re a spirits professional, you are welcome to attend for $35. You’ll be able to engage with industry colleagues from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
All three tickets gives you access to the Tiki Bazaar featuring tropical rum drinks, arts and crafts, local vendors and live music.
I’m excited for the seminars:
- 1:45pm – Jamaican Rum
- 2:45pm – Taking a Closer Look at Rum
- 3:45pm – Brigands, Barons & Beachcombers: The Many Faces of Planter’s Punch
- 4:45pm – Barbados Rum
- 5:45pm – Guardians of Rum
- 2:30pm – How the British Navy Influenced the Birth of Tiki
- 3:30pm – Sustainability with 3 Distilleries of the Americas
- 4:30pm – The Rise of Rum Cocktails … Again
- 5:30pm – The Skeptic’s Guide to American Rum
- 6:30pm – (Exclusive After Hours Seminar) The Importance of Puerto Rican Rum for the Rum Category
I’m most interested in the Brigands seminar at 3:45 but I also want to go to the Sustainability one at 3:30. Ooh, decisions!
I’ll see you in San Francisco!
California Rum Festival – SOMARTS
- Industry (trade session): 1-2:30 p.m. (1.5 hours) $35
- VIP: 2:30-6p $70 (4 hours)
- General Admission: 3:30-6p $60 (3 hours)
Look for deals if you’re a duo and early access to the Tiki Bazaar is also available for $5.
© 2019 The Minty