While we love National Blueberry Month, we can’t neglect all the other summer fruits, especially when they make such great cocktails.
There are many ways to make a watermelon cooler, but as mint lovers we found this to be our favorite (plus you can never go wrong with cucumber and Hendricks). This recipe makes 4 drinks, so there will be plenty to go around:
- 1/2 watermelon
- 16 thin slices of cucumber
- Approximately 20 mint leaves
- 10 oz Hendricks Gin
- In a blender, combine watermelon and mint leaves and blend until smooth
- Pour into a sieve and strain out the liquid
- Split the juice into 4 glasses and add 2.5 oz of Hendricks Gin to each
- Add 4 slices of cucumber to each
- Stir, add a few ice cubes and garnish with extra mint leaves
Although it’s not in the recipe, we suggest topping your drink off with some soda water to make the cooler lighter, fizzier and even more refreshing.