Celebrate Independence Day with these festive CocktailsEdit Post
Contributed by on Jul 03, 2019
Three readers love this post.
To celebrate one of the best days of the year, Beam Suntory and WTMLN WTR created cocktail recipes that are simple and easy to pull together at any BBQ, tailgate, beach party, fireworks fiesta or bonfire bonanza you are hosting or attending this year.
From margaritas to beer floats to pitchers of punches, there is a cocktail that will be sure to keep you cool this Independence Day.
Smoked Independence ~Created by Ivy Mix (New York, NY)
- 1 1/2 parts Laphroaig® 10-Year-Old
- 1/2 part Pineapple Rum
- 3/4 part Lime Juice
- 3/4 part Simple Syrup
- Barspoon Pomegranate Molasses
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake and strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
Knob Creek® Rye Creek Cup ~ Created by John McCarthy (New York, NY)
- 2 parts Knob Creek® Straight Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 parts Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 parts Simple Syrup
- 1 half slice of Cucumber
- 2 Strawberries
- 2 Basil Leaves
- 2 ounces of ginger ale
- 1 lemon wheel (for garnish)
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle a half cucumber slice, one strawberry, and a basil leaf.,
- Add the Knob Creek® Straight Rye Whiskey, lemon juice and simple syrup to the cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake vigorously.
- Double-strain using a fine mesh strainer into a Collins glass over fresh ice.
- Top with ginger ale and lightly stir.,
- Garnish with remaining half slice of cucumber, a lemon wheel, half a strawberry, and a basil leaf.
Basil Hayden’s® Endless Summer ~Created by Amy Probasco (Chicago, IL)
- 1 1/12 parts Basil Hayden’s Caribbean Reserve Rye™
- 1/2 part Pineapple Syrup
- 1/2 part Lime Juice
- Ginger Beer
- Pineapple wedge (for garnish)
- Candied ginger (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a collins glass with ice.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with Ginger Beer.
- Garnish with pineapple wedge and skewered candied ginger.
EFFEN Yuzu Citrus & Soda
- 1 ½ part EFFEN Yuzu Citrus Vodka
- 3 parts Grapefruit Flavored Club Soda
- Grapefruit slice (for garnish)
- Build over ice in a highball glass.
- Garnish with a grapefruit slice.
3 Ingredient WTRMLN WTR® Strawberry Margarita
- 4 12 oz bottles of WTRMLN WTR+Strawberry
- ½ cups Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 cup Silver Tequila
- (optional) Sea salt (for lining rim)
- Combine WTRMLN WTR, lime juice, tequila and a handful of ice to a pitcher
- Stir well to combine.
- Line the rim glasses with lime juice and sea salt (optional).
- Add ice and pour over margaritas.
Like it? Share it!