Celebrate Negroni Week with These Elevated CocktailsEdit Post
Contributed by on Jun 21, 2019
One reader loves this post.
This year's Negroni Week runs from June 24 to 30 and Hotel Arts Barcelona’s P41/Cocteralrium has the perfect cocktails to celebrate. Diego Baud, the head mixologist for P41/Coctelarium, has previously won an award for creating the top 7 Negroni in Spain and continues to curate the drink for patrons, complete with special twists. For those who cannot make it to Hotel Arts Barcelona for the celebration can make the recipes right at home.
Smokin’ Honey Negroni This bittersweet delight features honey, a touch of smoke and a vanilla aroma. It is served in a bee-inspired glass as an homage to the honey used in the drink.
- 1oz Bulldog Gin infused with lapsang souchong
- 1oz Cinzano 1757 Rosso
- 1oz Campari
- 2 bar spoons of wild flower honey
- Grated tonka bean on top
Besito Picante Another twist on the classic Negroni is the Besito Picante, which swaps out gin for tequila. Although the presentation is simple, the coffee and chili elements of this drink take the pallet on a rollercoaster ride of complex flavors.
- 3/4oz Capari infused with Hidden Coffee
- 1oz Cinzano 1757
- 3/4oz Tequila Joven infused with bird eye chili
- Later put into an American oak barrel for 33 days to allow all the flavors to mingle and tingle
- To serve over ice and garnish with chili