Cider Cocktails to Mix this FallEdit Post
Contributed by on Sep 23, 2014
One reader loves this post.
You won’t believe what mixologists are mixing with cider this season. Basil, bacon and ginger are some of the ingredients that will be popping up in fall cocktails. See the top 10 ciders Chilled recently picked to drink this fall. Ready-to-drink hard ciders are delicious straight out of the bottle, however, simply adding a few ingredients can transform them into some tasty and crispy cocktails. Make one of the five cocktails listed below your new go-to fall favorite.
Fall For Sweden
- 1 Bottle of Rekorderlig Pear Cider
- 2 oz. American Bourbon or Rye
- 1 Thumb Finely Cut Ginger with Skin
- 1 Dash Angostura Bitters
- 1/2 Squeezed Lime or Lemon
- Heat up and strain into cognac or whiskey glasses.
- Garnish with Almonds and Sultanas.
- Serves 2-3 people
Bacon Me Angry
- 1 oz. Bacon Infused Vodka
- Splash Maple Syrup
- Dash of Bitters
- 4 oz. Angry Orchard Crisp Apple
Preparation: Stir over ice, strain into a martini glass, garnish with a brandied cherry and a small strip of bacon.
- 2 Medium Strawberries, Quartered
- 2 Basil Leaves, Julienned
- 2 Lime Slices
- 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1 oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 4 oz. Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider
Preparation: Muddle strawberries & basil in simple syrup. Squeeze and add the 2 lime slices. Fill glass with ice. Add 4 oz cider. Stir to incorporate ingredients. Garnish with strawberry & lime slice.
- 1/2 oz. Dry Gin
- 1/2 oz. Elderflower Liqueur
- Splash Lime Juice
- 3 oz. Angry Orchard Traditional Dry Cider
Preparation: Pour gin, elderflower liqueur, lime juice & cider into mixing cup with ice. Stir until chilled. Strain into martini glass. Garnish with lime wheel.
Mint Apple Swizzle
- 2 oz. Sonoma Cider The Hatchet
- 1 1/2 oz. Occidental Road Apple Brandy
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 5 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 Small Bunch of Mint Leaves
- 1 Small Granny Smith Apple Slice, Peeled
Preparation: In a short mixing tin, muddle apple and mint in lime juice and brandy. Pour into a highball glass. Top with crushed ice and swizzle until ice cold. Top with cider and more crushed ice, then Angostura bitters and garnish with apple wheel and bunch of mint.