Cocktail Recipes That’ll Put the ‘Boo’ in Booze this Valentine’s DayEdit Post
Contributed by on Jan 29, 2019
Three readers love this post.
No matter how you plan to celebrate and spend Valentine’s Day, there’s always a reason to enjoy a delicious specialty cocktail. This year indulge in a few boozy drinks and if you’re so inclined, give the gift of Aberfeldy 12-Year-Old Whiskey or Cazadores Tequila to your sweetheart!
Espresso your love for each other with the Bee Mine cocktail, deliciously crafted with cacao-infused Aberfeldy 12 whiskey. The rich mix of honey and chocolate will make this the perfect romantic dinner drink.
Bee Mine Cocktail
Crafted by Una Green Goldman, National Brand Ambassador, Aberfeldy
- 2 oz. Aberfeldy 12 Year Old infused with Cacao Nibs
- 1 Shot of Espresso
- ½ oz. Salted Wildflower Honey Syrup
- Infused scotch: Infuse the Aberfeldy 12 with cacao nibs overnight. After 24 hours, strain the liquid.
- Honey syrup: To make the honey syrup, mix 2 parts honey to 1 part water then add two large pinches of sea salt to the syrup.
- Cocktail: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake long and hard, and finely strain. Serve the cocktail in a coupe glass.
Nothing says ‘Valentine’s Day’ like roses and bubbles. The Rosita cocktail is made with Cazadores Blanco, rose water, lychee puree, agave syrup, sparkling wine and garnished with rose petals. For those hosting a Galentine’s Day get together, consider turning this into a batch recipe for all your best girlfriends to enjoy.
Crafted by Manny Hinojosa, Global Brand Ambassador, Cazadores
- 1 ½ oz. Tequila Cazadores Blanco (1 bottle for batch)
- 1 oz. Lychee Puree (8 oz. for batch)
- ½ oz. Rose Water (8 oz. for batch)
- ½ oz. Agave Syrup (8 oz. for batch)
- 2 oz. Sparkling Wine (1 bottle for batch)
Method for a cocktail: In a cocktail shaker with ice, combine all the ingredients except the sparkling wine. Shake vigorously and serve in a chilled cocktail glass, then top with sparkling wine.
Method for batch: In a large punch bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir well and add a small block of ice. Serve up or over the rocks.
Gifts they (and your wallet) will love:
- Whisk(y) them off their feet with a bottle of Aberfeldy 12 ($45) – a single malt scotch that’s as sweet as your honey and will pair perfectly with their favorite chocolate treats.
- If the key to their heart is tequila, then Cazadores Reposado ($26.99) will win them over. With delicious notes of vanilla, pear, and caramel, Reposado can be sipped neat or mixed in their favorite cocktail.