Cocktails for Mom! #MothersDayEdit Post
Contributed by on May 10, 2019
Two readers love this post.
What do you have planned for Mother’s Day?
There’s no one quite like Mom, even if that person is a Grandmother, Aunt, Mother-in-Law, or Sister…this is the one day out of the year to honor and celebrate all that she does. This year, mix up a few delicious cocktails to sip while enjoying your Mother’s Day!
WTRMLN Water Margarita (Serves 6)
- 4 – 12 oz bottles of WTRMLN WTR+Strawberry
- ½ cups fresh lime juice
- 1 cup silver tequila(optional)
- Sea salt (for lining rim)
DIRECTIONS: Combine WTRMLN WTR, lime juice, tequila and a handful of ice to a pitcher, stir well to combine. Line the rim glasses with lime juice and sea salt (optional). Add ice and pour over margaritas.
Basil Hayden’s® Rosemary Sour Punch Bowl ~ By Matt Sharp (Austin, TX)
- 1 bottle of Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 10 parts Simple Syrup
- 10 parts Lemon Juice
- 30 dashes Aromatic Bitters
- Sprig of Rosemary (for garnish)
Method: Combine all ingredients into a large punch bowl with 4 cups of ice. Slice lemons into wheels and add to bowl. Stir to chill and ladle into Collins glass with a rosemary sprig.
Cocktail photos on black.
Knob Creek® Orange Blossom
- 1 ½ part Knob Creek® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- ½ part DeKuyper® Triple Sec,
- 1 part orange juice
Method: Combine in a shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with an orange slice.
Laphroaig® First Bloom
- 1 part Laphroaig® Select Scotch Whisky
- 3/4 part Apple Brandy
- 1 tsp Dark Maple Syrup
- 2 Dashes Angostura® Bitters
- Lemon Twist (for garnish)
Method: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and stir until slightly chilled but still boozy. Strain into an old fashioned glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with a lemon twist.
EFFEN® Spring Breeze
- 2 parts EFFEN® Cucumber Vodka
- 1 part Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 part Pineapple/Basil-Infused Simple Syrup*
- 2 Cucumber Slices
Method: In a mixing glass, muddle 2 cucumber slices. Add vodka, lime juice and simple syrup and shake with ice. Strain into a tall Collins glass filled over ice and top with soda. Garnish with cucumber slices.
- * Pineapple/Basil Syrup:
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Fresh Pineapple Cubed
- 8 Basil Leaves
Combine equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then add basil leaves and pineapple chunks to simple syrup. Let infuse for 1 hour.
Like it? Share it!