Coconut Margarita ShotsEdit Post
Contributed by on Jan 15, 2016
Eighteen readers love this post.
We have finally made it to the weekend and day 5 of the Beautiful Booze margarita week! Today I am sharing a party recipe to get your weekend started. Has your week been hard and you need a strong shot? If so, this one is for you my friends! If you are having friends over for a Friday happy hour or having a fiesta themed party, these shots are the perfect accompaniment. They are easy to make and easy to take as they are a mixed tequila shot that is still strong but not harsh to take. So, they are like a margarita but in shot form. Bye bye gross tequila shots, margarita shots are moving in to offer a more refreshing flavor. Ready for the weekend? Make some of these Coconut Margarita shots for your friends and teach them how the plain jane tequila shots can be upgraded.
Recipe: Coconut Margarita Shots
- 4 ounces of tequila
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar
- 3 ounces of coconut water (I used Zico)
- ½ to 1 cup of ice
- In a shaker add tequila, lime juice, agave nectar, coconut water, and ice
- Rim shot glasses with a coconut flakes then shake mixture
- Strain shaken mixture into shot glasses