Coffee Cocktails for National Coffee Day (9/29)Edit Post
Contributed by on Sep 11, 2018
Three readers love this post.
Who needs National Coffee Day on September 29th when, in our minds, it's a national coffee holiday every day? This year, renew, reuse and recycle old trends by mixing your leftover morning coffee into rejuvenating cocktails for a fun night out with friends!
Toast to the caffeinated craze with these coffee cocktails from Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur, Fernet-Branca, Carpano Antica, Crystal Head Vodka, Koskenkorva Vodka, Tequila Avión, and Lock Stock & Barrel.
- 1 ½ oz. Crystal Head Vodka
- ½ oz. Caffè Borghetti coffee liqueur
- 1 freshly brewed espresso shot
- Chocolate shavings or coffee beans
Method: Pour Crystal Head, coffee liqueur and espresso into a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously to create froth then strain into a martini glass. Garnish: Chocolate shavings or finely crushed coffee beans
Mint Mocha Spiked Coffee (created by Pam Wiznitzer)
- 1.5 oz. Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 oz. Brancamenta
- 3 oz. cold coffee
- .5 oz. Koskenkorva Vodka
- .5 oz. Homemade Recycled Coffee Liqueur
- .2 oz. Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
Method: Measure ingredients and shake vigorously. Fine strain in a cocktail glass and serve. Recycled coffee liqueur: After brewing coffee, take the grounds and add them in 2 cups of vodka. Let sit for 12 hours and filter 3 times. Add 3.5 ounces and stir until sugar dissolved. Bottle in a heated bottle and keep in a cool and dark place. Keep for 6 months.
Not My Irish Coffee
- White Crème de Cacao
- Cold Brew
- Simple Syrup
- Housemade Fernet-Branca infused whipped cream
- Scrappy’s Chocolate Bitters (shaved)
- 1oz Tequila Avión Reposado
- 1oz Tequila AviónEspresso
- 1oz Chilled Coffee, Chilled Espresso, or Cold Brew Coffee
- .25 Agave Syrup
Method: Combine ingredients in a shaker tin, add ice, shake, and double strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with coffee beans or nothing at all.
The Third Man
- Coffee-infused Santa Teresa 1796 rum
- Cocchi di Torino
- Angostura bitters
- Orange oils
- Flambéed coffee beans
Method: Combine all ingredients and enjoy!
Topsy Turvy(by Jeremy Oertel)
- 2 oz. Carpano Antica Formula
- 1 oz. Lock Stock & Barrel Rye
- 1 tsp. Caffè Borghetti coffee liqueur
- 1 dash Mole Bitters (preferably Bittermens)
Method: Combine all ingredients and garnish with Mole Bitters. Enjoy!