Cranberry and Eggnog PopsiclesEdit Post
Contributed by on Dec 26, 2014
Four readers love this post.
Today I wanted to focus on boozy popsicles that will help you use up some of your holiday leftovers. How about taking the extra eggnog and making some fun seasonal popsicles? I decided to kick the eggnog up a little with a little bit of cranberry juice so that the popsicles had an additional tart and fruit flavor. The creaminess from the eggnog makes a perfect combination with the tangy and tart cranberries. These popsicles would be fun to share with friends for dessert. If you love eggnog and have some extra lying around try making some of these fun and beautiful popsicles for your friends and family! Cheers!
Recipe: Cranberry and Eggnog Popsicles
- 6 ounces rum
- 2 ¼ cups of eggnog
- 3 ounces of cranberry juice
- 6 wooden or plastic popsicle sticks
- This recipe is based on 6 popsicle molds at 4.5 ounces each
- Pour ½ ounces of cranberry into each popsicle mold
- Then add 3 ounces of eggnog and 1 ounce of rum to each mold
- Chill popsicle molds in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes or until the mixture is slightly frozen
- Add wooden or plastic popsicle sticks and freeze over night
- Run warm water over molds to loosen popsicles and serve
- Optional garnish: Christmas sprinkles and cranberries