Wasn’t it just Christmas? Oh yeah, these two holidays really do collide; don’t they? Just when we need to take a breath from all of the hustle and bustle of the Christmas holiday, New Year’s is fast upon us. That’s why I like simple cocktails for this celebration; nothing too elaborate that requires I not imbibe; that’s for sure!
This one is simple, beautiful and tasty. Cranberry juice and Grand Marnier are combined with a sparkling wine (or even sparkling cider for those passing on alcohol) and it fits the bill perfectly. Easy. Gorgeous. Good.
My wish for the coming New Year is that I will be ensconced in my new home. Moving on New Years Eve? Hoping. I don’t care if I have to sleep on the kitchen island; that’s all I want. That and this cocktail. Let me know if you’re coming over and I’ll make one for you. And have you hang a picture or two? :)
For everyone let me just say CHEERS!! If I miss next weeks Friday Cocktails know it’s because I’ve got some unpacking to do…although by next Friday I sure hope to be raising a glass! Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year!
Cranberry Champagne Cocktail
- 1 well-chilled 750ML bottles champagne, prosecco or sparkling cider
- 1 cup well-chilled cranberry juice, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp Grand Marnier To Garnish:
- Cranberry juice
- Sugar for rimming
- Orange curls
- Dip the edge of each glass into cranberry juice and then dip the glass into sugar. I like to use the larger sugar for cake decorating when doing something for the holidays...it's so sparkly and pretty.
- In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients and pour in champagne flutes.
- Garnish each glass with an orange curl
This recipe brought to you by Creative Culinary | A Food and Cocktail Blog | Website: www.creative-culinary.com
- What an absolutely gorgeous cocktail. I would totally come help ... by Prudy
- Great in sequence! There is something wonderful concerning ... by Eric Neffy