Cucumber & Rose Gin CocktailEdit Post
Contributed by on Aug 28, 2014
One reader loves this post.
Hendrick’s Gin is distilled in small batches and boasts a unique infusion of rose petals and cucumbers. It’s one of our favorite gins, either straight up or in cocktails, so pairing rose water and cucumber in our latest recipe seemed like an obvious choice. As a salute to elderflower, one of the many botanicals that makes Hendrick’s so special, we also added St. Germain. Finally, a pinch of ground cardamom that slowly cascades to the bottom of the glass complements this drink perfectly with its aromatic sweetness.
- 2 oz Gin (Hendrick's)
- .5 oz St. Germain Elderflower liqueur
- 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- 2 slices cucumber (plus extra for garnish)
- 4 dashes rose water (we used Fee Brothers)
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch of ground cardamom
- 1 sprig of thyme (optional for garnish)
- Muddle cucumber, rose water and gin in a glass and then strain into cocktail shaker.
- Add the rest of ingredients to the cocktail shaker (except the cardamom).
- Add 2 ice cubes to the shaker, close lid and shake for about 20 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a martini glass.
- Sprinkle the top of the drink with a pinch of ground cardamom.
- Garnish with cucumber and thyme.