Don Draper is one of those characters that men want to be and women want to be with. When Draper isn’t schmoozing women, making deals or lighting up a cigarette he can be seen sipping on an Old Fashion.
An Old Fashion is a classic, no fuss cocktail that is as easy to drink as it is to make. You’ll need just a few specific items and ingredients to enjoy this mod cocktail at home.
- Choose either an old-fashioned glass or a rocks glass
- 2 oz Rye Whiskey
- 3 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 1 sugar cube (or 1⁄2 tsp loose sugar)
- Splash of club soda
- Place sugar in the bottom of your glass
- Add 3 dashes of Bourbon
- Pour in a bit of soda water to help dissolve the sugar
- Stir the sugar, water and bitters mix
- Add Whiskey
- Fill the rest of your glass with ice
Photo Courtesy oftheunofficialmadmencookook.com.
Jamie is a libation and lifestyle writer based in Los Angeles. Jamie has a background in comedy which offers her post a tongue in cheek view on the cocktail world.
Links: See Jamie G.'s Profile, Visit Jamie G.'s Site
Jamie is a fashion and lifestyle writer, an improviser and a blonde. She has a tongue in cheek outlook on life and a passion for a good cocktail (or two).