Fall into me: Apple CocktailsEdit Post
Contributed by on Aug 11, 2019
One reader loves this post.
DrinkWire is Liquor.com’s showcase for the best articles, recipes and reviews from the web’s top writers and bloggers. In this post, Be a Little Bitter offers a fall cocktail.
With the change in the wind already upon us I’d say it’s not too early to jump start the Apple-cocktails creation process! I love the summer but fall takes the pie. And since we’re talking about pie........ here’s a cocktail created with apple pie in mind :)
Im calling this one: Two G’s and a P.
- 1/4 Green Apple - Cubed
- 3 Slices Fresh Ginger Root
- 2oz Peach Street Colorado Bourbon
- 1oz Spiced Pear Maple Syrup
- 2oz Apple Cider
- 1 Dropperfull King Ramsey Cinnamon Bitters
- 2 Dropperfull King Ramsey 5 Spice Bitters
- Muddle fresh Ginger & Granny Smith Apple together in mixing glass until smashed.
- Add Bourbon, Pear Syrup, Apple Cider, Bitters, and Ice. Cover and shake until well chilled.
- Strain into a cocktail glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with Sliced Apples and Fennel sprig.
Spiced Pear Maple Syrup
- 2 Anjou Pears - Sliced
- 10 Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 C. Light Brown Sugar
- 1 C. Maple Syrup
In sauté pan, add sliced pears and cover with brown sugar. Add some water to dissolve sugar. Let sugar dissolve and add clove, cinnamon and maple syrup. Bring to boil and turn heat to low. Let simmer until pears are soft. Remove from heat and mash pears into mixture then strain.