Frozen Watermelon MargaritaEdit Post
Contributed by on Apr 08, 2016
Seventeen readers love this post.
A Frozen Watermelon Margarita is just what you need for Cinco de Mayo! The best easy margarita all thrown together in a blender and ready to serve.
I meant it when I said I was all about the Cinco de Mayo prep!! Skinny Margaritas on Tuesday, Frozen Watermelon Margaritas today. The boring yet amazing go-to recipe versus the fun and flirty sweet and sour frozen recipe! Which wins?? I say BOTH. Two margarita recipes in one week?? Don’t mind if I do! These Frozen Watermelon Margaritas are SO DARN EASY and refreshing. It may still only be April, but Cinco de Mayo (and hot weather) is just around the corner. You need this recipe!
I’ve been traveling a lot lately, but no destination that has warranted festive drink umbrellas. And I NEED some festive drink umbrellas in my life. I’ve been bugging Pat about a fun vacay this Summer. Where should we go?? Wherever it is, I want to sip these Frozen Margaritas by the pitcher. Can you blame me?
This will not be the last margarita recipe you see before May 5th. Sorry not sorry! Cheers!!
Frozen Watermelon Margarita
Inspired and adapted from food.com
5 min Prep Time
5 min Cook Time
10 min Total Time
- 2 1/2 cups seedless watermelon, rind removed, cubed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup good quality (important!) Tequila
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups ice (or more as needed)
- Freeze the watermelon chunks for at least 2 hours (optional but makes it even better)
- Combine all the ingredients in a high powered blender and pulse until fully combined and smooth. Add more ice if needed to get the consistency you like.
- Pour into salt or sugar rimmed glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.