DrinkWire is Liquor.com's showcase for the best articles, recipe and reviews from the web's top writers and bloggers. In this post, Drinking in America offers ideas for drink pairings to go with the year's favorite songs.
It’s still a little hard to believe 2016 is over. The year was filled with a lot of ups and downs but thankfully, it rocked musically. We took a look at Billboard’s Top 10 Hits from 2016 and decided to pair a cocktail with each track. With some of the catchiest songs ever written- no one can refuse to sing along to these tunes.
- Love Yourself — Justin Bieber: Twisted Tea. This song is perf for blasting on a warm, sunny day with your girlfriends and singing along at the top of your lungs (probably off tune, but who cares).
- Sorry — Justin Bieber: Strawberry Daiquiri. Like this song, this cocktail screams fun.
- One Dance — Drake: Vodka Soda. This song is the ultimate bar song. Everyone knows the words. And everyone loves a Vodka Soda.
- Work — Rihanna ft. Drake: Sex on the Beach. ‘Cuz Rihanna. And Drake.
- Stressed Out — twenty one pilots: Any IPA or craft beer. This is for all you with an ~alternative~ edge.
- Panda — Desiigner: Tequila shots. If you’re listening to this song, you’re getting pumped up to have an awesome night. Tequila shots will jump start your evening for sure.
- Hello — Adele: Red wine. This song is for wallowing in your sorrows and also drowning them in wine.
- Don’t Let Me Down — The Chainsmokers ft. Daya: Long Island Iced Tea. This song is a little heavy and dark. Just like your night will be after a few LIs.
- Can’t Stop The Feeling! — Justin Timberlake: Any fruity cocktail. Preferably with some sort of lid because you can’t help but dance to this song.
- Closer — The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey: Any tall boy of beer. This song was probably played about 100x times at every darty (or dager, or whatever you like to call your day parties).