Hail To the Pumpkin KingEdit Post
Contributed by on Nov 03, 2017
Four readers love this post.
Autumn brings out the best in all things gold, orange and red.. Apples make way for pears... And pears make way for pumpkins! And while the traditional inclination is to run full steam ahead for pumpkin spice everything, it's great when you can remember the pairings outside of cinnamon and nutmeg and revel in its savory side.
This twist on the very popular brunch classic - the bloody Mary - does just that. Pairing the sweet pumpkin with the
Pumpkin King Base (makes 2 Bloody Marys)
- 1.5 oz Pumpkin King liqueur
- 3 oz pumpkin puree (sugar or kombocha)
- 5 Zuma tomatoes (golden)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1.5 oz carrot juice
- 5 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
Directions: Using an immersion blender or standing blender, combine all ingredients until smooth. Pass through a medium sieve to make sure there are no large pieces outstanding. Chill until use.
Pumpkin King Cocktail
- 3.5 oz base
- 1.5 oz Vodka (Belvedere)
- Shake both ingredients together until chilled. Pour over fresh ice into Collins glass. Garnish with slices of fresh golden tomatoes, lemon twist, and bloody Mary pumpkin seeds.
Bloody Mary Pumpkin Seeds
- 4.5 oz Belvedere Bloody Mary
- 1 oz pickling spices (blend of salt, black pepper corns, coriander, cloves, allspice, chili)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
Direction: marinate Pumpkin seeds with belvedere and pickling spices for 72 hours. Drain and toss seeds in olive oil salt and pepper (seasoning to taste). Roast at 325 deg F for about 15 min until golden.