Hedonist on HiatusEdit Post
Contributed by on Aug 15, 2019
Eight readers love this post.
Mass-produced, watered-down or tampered-with tequilas are being shelved—allowing radical renegades to screw around with a natural, no-frills tequila. Venturing away from the mainstream and interrupting the status quo, I'd like to raise a glass to a simple, yet satiable collection of small-batch tequila, Hiatus. The brand goes back to sacred Aztec roots—reminding us the way tequila should taste: naturally clean yet complex.
So when it's time to escape the daily grind, take an unapologetic break with some indulgent imbibing. This spicy grapefruit scoby-rita somehow makes it all alright—keeping in mind that you're detoxing with a healthful kombucha, as you re-tox with Mexico's naughty nectar.
Hedonist on Hiatus:
- 2 oz of Hiatus Reposado, silky smooth tequila cultivated from 100% Blue Weber roasted agave with subtle notes of caramel, roasted red pepper and cinnamon
- 2 oz of 221B.C. Grapefruit Bee Pollen Basil Kombucha, for a fizzy, peppery/citrus effect
- 3/4 oz of fresh lime juice
- Tablespoon of Bees Knees Spicy Honey, chili-infused for a punch of heat
- Throw on a grapefruit wedge, a chili salt rim, and some fresh basil leaf (or sliced jalapeños if you like it extra caliente).
Cheers to giving in to guilty pleasures, running from all our problems and going on hiatus.
Photo by Tieghan Gerard of Half Baked Harvest.