“A balanced diet is having a cupcake in each hand.” Amen to that. Let’s be real – dessert is the best part of everyone’s day, and adding in some alcohol is the cherry on top of a perfect meal. From alcoholic ice cream to alcoholic sorbet, try them all. If you have the choice to have a cocktail or have a tipsy treat: I think we all know what the correct answer is. Here are some boozy recipes that really make any summer dessert that much better. Eat up!
Adult Root Beer Float:
- 1 pint quality vanilla bean ice cream
- 2 12-ounce bottles of “Not Your Father’s Root Beer”
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
Scoop 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream into each of the 4 frosty mugs. Add enough root beer to fill each mug. If desired, top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup. Serve immediately.
Sorbet with Citrus Vodka & Lime Zest:
- 2 scoops citrus sorbet
- 1 ounce citrus vodka, like Absolut Citron
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime zest
Place two scoops of sorbet into a martini glass. Pour vodka over sorbet and top with lime zest.
Recipes from popsugar
Alcoholic Ice Cream Cake:
- 1 pint vanilla ice-cream
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 pint caramel ice-cream
- 2 tablespoons bailey’s with a hint of caramel
- 1 pint mint chocolate chip ice-cream
- 2 tablespoons crème de menthe
- 1 pint raspberry white chocolate ice-cream
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vodka
- 1 pint chocolate ice-cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqueur
- This dessert will be about 3 inches high, so it is important to choose a deep dish pan. I usually use a bread pan. Line the bread pan with plastic wrap. You need to do this so that the dessert can be easily lifted out at the end. Alternatively, you can skip the plastic wrap and remove the dessert from the pan by placing the bread pan in a bowl of hot water for a few seconds then gently turning it upside down onto your serving plate. Be careful if you choose this method as the ice-cream melts very quickly.
- Begin with the ice cream you wish to use for the top layer. (We work backwards so that when you tip the dessert out it comes out how you want it presented). I always have my vanilla layer on top, so it is the first layer I make.
- Soften the vanilla ice-cream, either using your microwave setting or by leaving it on the counter for 5 minutes.
- Mix the ice-cream by hand with 1 tablespoon of rum. Taste, and add second tablespoon if desired. More can be added if you want a stronger alcohol taste but remember that alcohol has a lower freezing point, so the ice-cream will be softer. I often add 3 tablespoons of rum for the vanilla layer.
- Scoop the ice-cream mixture into the lined pan and flatten with the spoon.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Keep on repeating each layer until the ice-cream cake is completed. Make sure you leave enough time for your final layer to freeze before serving!
Recipe from cookiesorbiscuits