Sometimes our Pinterest addiction is just sad, but sometimes it comes in handy - like when it's the 4th of July and we want to share adorable, festive cocktails with you. Nothing is more appropriate than red, white and blue on this holiday, so obviously we wanted some cocktails that fit the bill and would impress your friends (because isn't that what making drinks is all about?)
4th of July Cocktail
Creative name, right? We love this drink because it layers red white and blue perfectly and it doesn't take much skill to make it look great.
- Mix 1 oz. watermelon schnapps and 1 big splash of cranberry juice in a shaker. Pour into a tall, ice-filled glass
- Muddle 1 slice lemon and 1 slice lime, 1.5 oz tequila, 1/4 oz. blue curacao and 1/2 oz. simple syrup in the shaker. Then slowly strain into the glass.
Red, White, and Blue Sangria
This sangria looks gorgeous in a clear pitcher, so make sure you don't hide it in one you can't see through. The recipe is for an entire batch of sangria, but if no one else wants any, we won't judge you if you just stick a straw in the pitcher and drink it on your own.
Combine all of these ingredients in a large pitcher, stir and then chill in the fridge for at least four hours:
- Sliced strawberries
- Pineapples cut into star shapes
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
We only have two words for you: Pop. Rocks. If you've ever tried to figure out how to add fireworks to your Independence Day drinks, you just got your answer.
- Rim two glasses with blue Pop Rocks.
- First add raspberries, grenadine and vodka.
- Cover with ice and slowly pour Sprite in glass. If you pour too quickly you’ll lose the red, white and blue effect.
- Add a handful of blueberries to the top and enjoy.