Holiday Sipping: Aberfeldy & Craigellachie Launch Exceptional Cask SeriesEdit Post
Contributed by on Nov 13, 2019
One reader loves this post.
Just in time for the holiday season, award-winning single malt Scotch whiskeys Aberfeldy and Craigellachie are introducing the U.S. to their Exceptional Cask Series, a collection of rare whiskeys specially chosen by award-winning Malt Master, Stephanie Macleod.
The Exceptional Cask Series features a range of Aberfeldy and Craigellachie whiskeys bottled in small quantities each year, making each expression truly one-of-a-kind. The program will debut in the U.S. with Aberfeldy 24, the brand’s oldest whiskey yet, as well as Aberfeldy 18 and 19-year- old, all ranging from $199 to $299.
- ABERFELDY 18 YEARS OLD DOUBLE CASK: Finished in Sherry casks, this single malt is sweet and spicy, with notes of salted caramel and dark chocolate that are heightened with marmalade, almonds, and honey. 53.8% ABV, 750ml, $199.99 (MSRP)
- ABERFELDY 19 YEARS OLD SINGLE CASK: Matured in first-fill Sherry Butt casks, this single malt delivers intense notes of concentrated fruits and mixed spice, luscious in texture with a long, satisfying finish. 56.6% ABV, 750ml, $199.99 (MSRP)
- ABERFELDY 24 YEARS OLD SINGLE CASK: Matured in first-fill Sherry Butt casks, this single malt brings savory and subtle herbal and spice notes, which develops to be slightly smoky. 53.9% ABV, 750ml, $299.99 (MSRP)
- CRAIGELLACHIE 19 YEARS OLD SINGLE CASK: Smooth with subtle spice, licorice and ripening pineapple, this single malt was matured in second-fill Sherry Butt casks and is cloaked in creamy vanilla and malty sweetness. 55.2% ABV, 750ml, $199.99 (MSRP)
- CRAIGELLACHIE 23 YEARS OLD SINGLE CASK: Matured in first-fill Oloroso Sherry casks, this single malts is a supple, luscious dram that delivers pineapple studded notes with cloves, dusted with cinnamon and baked on the barbeque. 57.5% ABV, 750ml, $299.99 (MSRP)