The Cookie Rookie's Homemade Apple Pie Vodka makes the perfect fall drink!
I’m a girl who LOVES Fall. I love the cooler weather, the approaching holiday spirit, and APPLE SEASON! Apple pie is one of my favorite things on Earth.
Forget Pumpkin Spice, for me, Apple Pie is the flavor of Fall and worth all the hype! I have made plenty of apple themed recipes in the past: Apple Pie Sangria, Apple Pie Taco Boats, Mini Apple Pie Cheesecakes, and Apple Pie Moscow Mules to name a few. They’re all great and worth making again and again, but today I want to go straight to the source—HOMEMADE APPLE PIE VODKA!
The perfect additive to any cocktail in the Fall, am I right?! Could you believe it’s SUPER EASY to make right in your own home?! It’s a great Autumn or holiday gift, or keep it in your fridge for your own celebrations: win/win!
Homemade Apple Pie Vodka is as simple as letting some apples and cinnamon sticks soak in Everclear, add in some water and simple syrup, and enjoy! It has a naturally bright and spiced flavor that will leave you smiling and thinking of Fall. This Homemade Apple Pie Vodka is pretty much foolproof, and I have a feeling you’re going to love it!
Once you have your jar of Homemade Apple Pie Vodka, the possibilities are endless! Sip it over ice on its own, or make hundreds of fun cocktails! My favorite easy cocktail to throw together is this Apple Pie Spritzer. It’s simple Apple Cider (or just Apple Juice), some Homemade Apple Pie Vodka, and club soda! Refreshing, delicious, and perfect for Fall. Bring on the cooler temps and holidays! We have been waiting all year!
Homemade Apple Pie Vodka Recipe
- 4 to 5 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Approximately 2 cups Everclear (190-proof grain-neutral spirit)
- 1-3/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar, cooked on the stove until combined fully)
- Fill a 32-ounce mason jar with the sliced apples and cinnamon sticks. Use more or less apple as as needed to fill the jar all the way to the top.
- Pour in the Everclear. (Use more or less to fill to the brim.)
- Seal the jar and shake lightly to make sure that all of the apples are fully submerged.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 48 hours.
- When ready to continue, pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove the fruit and cinnamon. Return the flavored vodka to the mason jar.
- Pour in the simple syrup and filtered water. Stir to fully combine.
- Seal tightly and store in the fridge until ready for use; up to 2 or 3 weeks.
Apple Pie Spritzer
- 2 ounces Apple Pie Vodka
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider or Apple Juice
- Club Soda to top
- Fill a glass to the top with crushed ice.
- Pour in the Apple Pie Vodka, Apple Cider, and then top with Club Soda.
This post is modified from Homemade Apple Pie Vodka (PLUS Apple Pie Spritzer!), which first appeared on The Cookie Rookie.