Today, we’re going to focus on how you could incorporate flavors found in your favorite farmer’s market! In the past we have talked about other ways to incorporate flavor into cocktail, but I’m embarrassed to say that we have not covered purees yet. Well, let’s take care of that now shall we.
Purees WIN for Flavor:
How to do it:
- Chop up the fruits into small parts.
- Place it in a blender and add simple syrup and lime juice to taste.
- Fire up the blender!
- Fine strain the puree and portion them out into much smaller containers (about the size that you plan on getting through in a day)
- It brings out the best color in your cocktails!
- You could easily adjust the taste and balance of the mixture, and it can cut down on a few steps when you are making the cocktails during service (it has all the flavor, sweet and sour that you will need.)
TIP: Add a little bit of alcohol to your puree to increase its shelf life!
What are the cocktails that you made with your puree? Let us know!