Creative Asian-influenced cocktails from Danny Louie at brand new Chino in the Mission
My Top Drink Recommends: June 1-15
Photos and articles by Virginia Miller
From my 15 articles/posts a week as Zagat Editor, I summarize and link to just some of this coverage here – you can sign up for Zagat’s weekly newsletter for the Bay Area here and follow along on Twitter @ZagatSF, where I post daily.
4 NEW LOCAL SPIRITS from a rye and New Orleans-influenced coffee liqueur, to a California aperitif and a sloe gin
- The 5 BEST MARGARITAS in San Francisco
- 6 early favorite cocktails from Bar Manager Danny Louie at CHINO
- 5 classic NEGRONIS to seek out in San Francisco
- FIRST LOOK at THE INTERVAL at the Long Now Salon, complete with robot behind the bar and a Drinking Around the World menu (among 8 mini cocktail menus from Bar Manager Jennifer Colliau)
- What to eat & drink at the new Paris-meets-NY chic hotel bar, THE EUROPEAN
Virginia Miller travels the world in pursuit of her love of good food and drink. She judges countless cocktail competitions and on spirits panels (from Tales of the Cocktail's Spirited Awards to annual spirits judging for ADI). She has explored restaurants, distilleries and bars in over 25 countries. Alongside her site, The Perfect Spot, she was Zagat's SF Editor, the SF Guardian's head critic and is currently Table8's VP Content/Senior Managing Editor, over writers around the country, creating a curated database and international dining/drink awards globally. She freelances for Food Republic, Liquor.com, Whisky Magazine UK, Drink Me Magazine, Eater, etc.
Links: See Virginia M.'s Profile, Visit Virginia M.'s Site
Passionate about food, drink, and travel, I cover food, cocktails and spirits around the world extensively in my newsletter, The Perfect Spot, as editor of Distiller Magazine, for 5 years in as the food/drink critic of the SF Bay Guardian, and in freelance outlets including Zagat, PureWow, Drink Me Magazine, Citysearch, Eater, Grubstreet, 7x7 Magazine, Blackboard Eats, NBC's The Feast, etc...