Insider’s Guide to Boston: Michael Scelfo’s 10 Top SpotsEdit Post
Contributed by on Mar 24, 2016
Eight readers love this post.
Ever wanted to dine like an insider? Check out the top Boston spots from acclaimed chef Michael Scelfo, whose American restaurant, Alden & Harlow, was nominated for a James Beard Award in 2015. From great coffee to clam fritters, this local expert’s picks will help you discover some of the city’s most delicious dishes.
Michael Scelfo’s Top 10 Spots in Boston:
1. Hei La Moon for dim sum, always
2. Oleana, my fave restaurant in the city right now for a fancy dinner
3. Venus for a late-night bite (kebabs) in Somerville
4. Woodman's across the street has the best clam fritters
5. Santarpio’s for the barbecue lamb with extra juice and a salad
6. Petsi's in Harvard Square for coffee, close to home and warm people
7. Shea's in Essex, my favorite spot for a drink overlooking the marsh — all about the view
8. Grill 23 for a martini and the raw bar on the second floor bar — a classic