Kick off the Summer with these Memorial Day CocktailsEdit Post
Contributed by on May 18, 2019
Two readers love this post.
Whether you believe it or not, the unofficial start of summer is here, which means it’s time to fire up your BBQ, break out the beach towels and say goodbye to our days of drinking warm winter beverages.
Whatever you’re drinking this Memorial Day, Basil Hayden’s Bourbon, EFFEN Vodka and Knob Creek Bourbon want to make sure your libations are a treat and made for perfect pours everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re enjoying a fresh and fruity punch by the pool, giving your backyard bourbon a beer bonus, or kicking back on the porch after a day in the sun, these are the best summer cocktail drinks to get you through the heat and enjoy throughout your entire Memorial Day weekend.
Basil Hayden’s® Lemon-Rosemary Punch ~Recipe created by Matt Sharp (Houston, TX) ( Serves: 17)
- 1 bottle Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 10 parts Simple Syrup
- 10 parts Lemon Juice
- 2 lemons
- 30 dashes Aromatic Bitters
- A sprig of Rosemary (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients into a large punch bowl with 4 cups of ice.
- Slice lemons into wheels and add to bowl.
- Stir to chill and ladle into Collins glass with a rosemary sprig.
Knob Creek® Summer Shandy ~Recipe created by John McCarthy (New York City)
- 2 parts Knob Creek Bourbon
- 3/4 parts freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3/4 parts raw sugar syrup
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 2 parts Lager Beer
- Combine all ingredients, except for lager beer, in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a double rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Top with 2 ounces of lager beer and briefly stir.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge.
EFFEN Watermelon Rosé Cooler
- 1 1/2parts Effen Rosé Vodka
- 1 part Watermelon juice (or muddled watermelon)
- 1/2 parts fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 parts agave syrup
- Shake well
- Build over ice
- Garnish with watermelon
Like it? Share it!