The Knickerbocker cocktail first appeared in print back in 1862 in Jerry Thomas' The Bartender's Guide. The rum pairs perfectly with a housemade fresh raspberry syrup accented with the dryness of orange curacao.
The name 'Knickerbockers' originally referred to the style of pants, rolled up just below the knee, that Dutch settlers wore. (This is where the word 'knickers' comes from.)
- 60mL Santa Cruz Rum (or a Gold Rum) (2 oz)
- 15mL Dry Curacao (or a Triple Sec) (½ oz)
- 30mL Fresh Lime Juice (1 oz)
- 15mL Raspberry Syrup (½ oz)
- Combine the ingredients in your cocktail shaker
- Shake with ice
- Strain over crushed ice into an old fashioned glass
- Garnish with fresh raspberries
Find more cocktail recipes at StevetheBartender.com.au
The post Knickerbocker appeared first on Steve the Bartender.