If you’re like me and have decided to hunker down and avoid the craziness of this ‘Day of Shopping and Angry People During the Season of Love’ know you are not alone! Enjoy this cocktail that evolved from a fun online chat with Makers Mark and @PamelaWiznitzer, a fantastic female mixologist in New York City.
A group of bloggers participated in a Twitter event last Tuesday sponsored by Makers Mark which covered fun facts about the history of women in both the spirits and beverage worlds; sharing some of our own holiday traditions and last but not least making and sipping on the beverage created by Pamela. We had each received a package with all the necessary ingredients; a fun book about the history of women in the business and yes, my favorite, a beautiful red pashmina scarf. I’m not really the red type…except with my favorite bourbon!
We were invited to name this cocktail and Lady in Red was it for me. Not just as a symbol of the color and the history lesson we had experienced but for me…this time of year, that song…let’s just say it was VERY memorable and about time a cocktail was named in honor of a special night.
All in all, lots of fun and a challenge for all of us to skip #BlackFriday and instead join a campaign to make today #RedFriday. Stay home, relax and enjoy this cocktail; it’s perfect. Not too sweet, not too strong…it’s just right! I’m in…how about you?
Lady in Red from Maker’s Mark and Pamela Wiznitzer
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: One Cocktail
- 1.5 ounce Maker's Mark bourbon
- 1 ounce POM Pomegranate Juice
- .5 ounce lemon juice
- Ginger Beer (chilled)
- Combine lemon juice, pomegranate juice and bourbon in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.Shake vigorously for a minute then pour over ice in a rocks glass and top off with ginger beer.
This recipe brought to you by Creative Culinary | A Food and Cocktail Blog | Website: http://www.creative-culinary.com
- By: Best of Holiday Cocktails featuring Hot Buttered Rum — Creative Culinary - Food & Cocktail Recipes - Denver, Colorado by Best of Holiday Cocktails featuring Hot Buttered Rum — Creative Culinary - Food & Cocktail Recipes - Denver, Colorado
- By: Celebrate The Season With A Maker’s Mark Cocktail | Lady In Red | stupidDOPE.com by Celebrate The Season With A Maker's Mark Cocktail | Lady In Red | stupidDOPE.com
- Thank you…they actually decreed a winner from suggestions and ... by Creative Culinary
- By: Maureen | Orgasmic Chef by Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
- Me too John: any shipping costs are more than paid off in time ... by Creative Culinary
- Plus 5 more...