Let’s “Tropic Like it’s Hot” for this Summer’s National Cocktail HolidaysEdit Post
Contributed by on Jun 28, 2019
Nine readers love this post.
If you’re celebrating National Mai Tai Day on June 30, National Piña Colada Day on July 10, or both ~ there’s no better way to do so than with cocktails from Mr and Mrs T that are a step up from the original ~ it’s like a vacation in a glass!
When thinking of a Mai Tai or Piña Colada, you can only assume they must have been invented by a very thirsty person after a hot day on the sands of their favorite beach. After all, both concoctions are about as tropical as you can get when it comes to a drink.
Mai Tai Margarita
- 3-1/2 oz. Mr & Mrs T® Mai Tai Mix
- 1-1/2 oz. Mr & Mrs T® Margarita Mix
- 1 oz. rum
- 1/2 oz. gold tequila
- Cocktail salt
- Optional: Pineapple wedge, lime slice, and tropical flower for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add 3-1/2 oz. of Mr & Mrs T Mai Tai Mix, 1-1/2 oz. of Mr & Mrs T Margarita Mix, 1 oz. of rum, and 1/2 oz. of gold tequila. Shake to chill. Rim margarita glass with cocktail salt, and fill with ice. Strain cocktail over ice, and garnish with a pineapple wedge, lime slice, and flower, as desired.
- 2 oz. Mr & Mrs T® Piña Colada Mix
- 2 oz. Mr & Mrs T® Strawberry Daiquiri-Margarita Mix
- 1-1/2 cup ice
- 2 strawberries
- 2 pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp. vanilla ice cream
- Optional: Pineapple wedge and strawberry for garnish
In a blender, combine 2 oz. of Mr & Mrs T Piña Colada Mix, 2 oz. of Mr & Mrs T Strawberry Daiquiri-Margarita Mix, 1-1/2 cups of ice, 2 strawberries, 2 pineapple chunks, and 1 tbsp. of vanilla ice cream. Blend for 10 seconds or until smooth. Pour into a piña colada glass. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and strawberry.
Berry Piña Colada
- 4 oz. Mr & Mrs® T Piña Colada Mix
- 1/2 oz. Rose’s® Cocktail Infusions Blue Raspberry Mix
- 1-1/2 oz. rum
- 3 pineapple chunks
- 1 cup ice
- Optional: Pineapple wedge, pineapple leaf, raspberry, and strawberry for garnish
Add 1 cup of ice to a blender with 4 oz. of Mr & Mrs T Piña Colada Mix, 1/2 oz. of Rose’s Cocktail Infusions Blue Raspberry Mix, 3 pineapple chunks, and 1-1/2 oz. rum. Blend for 10 seconds or until smooth. Pour into pineapple-rimmed piña colada glass, and garnish with a pineapple wedge, pineapple leaf, raspberry, or strawberry, as desired.
Like it? Share it!