Limoncello, Gin & Thyme CocktailEdit Post
Contributed by on Apr 25, 2013
Two readers love this post.
Here's another brunch-worthy cocktail that also harkens the fresh flavors of spring. This Limoncello, Gin & Thyme Cocktail from FineCooking.com is also potent enough to carry over into dinner. I didn't grill the thyme like the recipe originally called for, as I sadly don't have a grill, but this citrusy libation tastes just as good. The limoncello is also getting me in the Italian mood, as I'll be traveling to that fair country shortly with my family. So stay tuned lushes, as I'm sure to bring back from food and drink ideas from my jaunts through Rome, Florence and Tuscany. For now, you can just make this cocktail until I return...
Limoncello, Gin & Thyme Cocktail
- 3 large sprigs of thyme
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz limoncello (I used Pallini Limoncello)
- 1 1/2 oz gin (No. 3 London Dry Gin)
- In a shaker glass filled with ice, add 2 of the thyme sprigs, lime juice and the limoncello and muddle.
- Add the gin and ice and shake.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice and garnish with the other thyme sprig.