As if being Friday isn’t enough of a good reason to love today, it’s also Guacamole Day! So we thought why not get into the Cinco de Mayo vibe and add some tequila to today. Brilliant, right? And so we proudly present: Margarita Guacamole! It’s like your favorite Mexican food & drink had a baby! What could be better than this?
Margarita Guacamole Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon flake salt
- 3 very ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons tequila (this is really up to you though)
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- ½ shallot, also finely diced
- 1 lime, zested
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 bad of tortilla chips
1. Put all ingredients in a bowl and then add tequila. Mash and stir with a fork to the point of your preference aka chunky or thin & creamy (super squash to get to this level).
2. Rim the serving bowl with agave and margarita salt.
3. Transfer the guac into the serving bowl.
4. Grab your tortilla chips and dive right in!
Recipe adapted from Cheeky Kitchen.