Midnight Mai TaiEdit Post
Contributed by on Sep 13, 2018
Sixteen readers love this post.
DrinkWire is Liquor.com’s showcase for the best articles, recipes and reviews from the web’s top writers and bloggers. In this post, CaliGirl Cooking offers a spooky cocktail recipe.
This spooky take on the classic tiki drink uses activated charcoal to achieve a rich, inky black color. It's the perfect cocktail for Halloween!
Midnight Mai Tai
Makes 1 cocktail
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 3/4 ounce orange curacao
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce orgeat
- 1/4 teaspoon activated charcoal
- Pineapple wedge and festive straw, to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake to combine.
- Strain ingredients into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with pineapple wedge and festive straw and enjoy!
Find the original post and recipe here: CaliGirl Cooking Midnight Mai Tai