Mint Julep ShakeEdit Post
Contributed by on May 02, 2015
Three readers love this post.
I am from North Carolina and love all the southern traditions. This includes horse races and bourbon. My new obsessions include boozy milkshakes for every occasion. They are so versatile because they are a cocktail and dessert. I love serving these at parties as the dessert. So, when I thought about a themed Kentucky Derby party boozy milkshake I knew I had to make a mint julep shake. This is something that you drink after you can’t handle anymore-regular mint juleps and need a cocktail break. The ice cream and the mint are refreshing and can help you get over that mid day slump of day drinking. Let’s booze it up on Kentucky Derby Day with this amazing minty boozy shake!
Recipe: Mint Julep Shake
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- 4 scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 2 ounces of milk
- 5 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- In a blender combine bourbon, ice cream, milk, and mint leaves
- Blend until desired consistency
- Note: add more ice cream if mixture is too thin or more milk if it is too thick
- Pour blended mixture into serving glass