If your holiday season is anything like mine, it starts to get crazy in mid-October and doesn’t stop until January. Inevitably, I’ll be asked by friends, family (or regulars!) to design or bring a cocktail for their event. Here’s this year’s “Pomegranate Standby” cocktail, which I’ll typically use for all cocktail requests this season.
Don’t forget to check the “Extra Tips” box below for some great tricks to make this cocktail faster, easier, and more flexible.
The Pomegranate Standby
• 1/2 oz Ginger and Rosemary Simple Syrup
• 1 oz Reduced Pomegranate Juice
• 3/4oz Lime Juice
• 1 1/2 oz Nolet’s Gin
• Top with Brachetto d’Acqui
Garnish with a spoonful of Pomegranate Seeds and a sprig of Rosemary.
- Over medium heat, reduce Pomegranate juice on the stovetop by half.
- Next, create a simple syrup with ginger and rosemary then let it simmer just under a boil for about 15 minutes. (For each cup of water, I use 5 sprigs Rosemary & about 1 ounce of fresh ginger, peeled & roughly chopped.)
- Place the simple syrup, Pomegranate juice, lime juice and Nolet’s gin in a shaker. Add ice and shake.
- Fine strain into a Collins glass & glass and top off with Brachetto d’Acqui.
- Garnish with Pomegranate seeds and a sprig of Rosemary – masterpiece is served!
Looks good and tastes great!