Boozy Desserts: No-Bake Strawberry Coconut Verpoorten CakeEdit Post
Contributed by on May 23, 2017
Eleven readers love this post.
DrinkWire is Liquor.com’s showcase for the best articles, recipe and reviews from the web’s top writers and bloggers. In this post, Stir & Dash offers up a boozy dessert recipe.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 7 oz ladyfingers
COCONUT CREAM TOPPING:
- 8.5 oz Verpoorten Original Egg Liqueur
- 2.2 lbs fresh strawberries
- 7 gelatin sheets
- 6 oz coconut milk
- 16 oz cream
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
1. Melt the butter in a small pot and let it cool down. Break the ladyfingers into pieces, put it into two sealed freezer bags and then crush to crumbs. Mix the crumbs and melted butter into a mixing bowl. Put the mixture into a leak-proof baking tin equipped with baking paper. Press the mixture with a spoon to the bottom of the baking tin.
2. Wash and trim the strawberries. Coat the bottom of the baking tin with whole strawberries, the tips facing upwards. Leave 2 inches on the edge of the tin.
3. Then soak the gelatin sheets in a little cold water. Heat the coconut milk without bringing it to a boil. Squeeze the gelatin and melt it in the heated coconut milk. Add the sugar and stir until it has dissolved. Put this coconut milk mixture in the fridge.
4. Stir the cream with vanilla sugar when the coconut milk starts to thicken. Then stir Verpoorten, the vanilla sugar & cream mixture, and the coconut milk. Pour this mixture on top of the strawberries and refrigerate the cake for at least four hours.
5. Remove the baking tin and decorate the Verpoorten cake with strawberry slices all around and on top of the cake.
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes | Cooling Time: 4 hours
- See more at: http://www.ourniche.com/2017/05/23/verpoorten-stra...