National Cognac Day (June 4th) is right around the corner and in honor of the occasion, Courvoisier has come up with two cognac-forward cocktails that bring to life the complexity of the spirit and complement its intricate tasting notes. In addition to the savory cocktail recipes below here are 5 things everyone should know about Cognac and the Courvoisier brand!
5 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT COGNAC AND COURVOISIER:
1. Cognac is a type of brandy, but to be called cognac it must come from the Cognac region in France
2. Aroma is the most impactful sensory experience when enjoying cognac
3. Courvoisier remains one of the only Cognac houses that controls the entire production process from grape to glass
4. Courvoisier Cognac has several blends, which appeal to a variety of Cognac preferences and lifestyles, including VS, VSOP, X.O. and L’Essence de Courvoisier
5. The house of Courvoisier has stood the test of time for more than 200 years by honoring its code of dedication, respect and tradition
- 1.5 parts Courvoisier® VSOP Cognac or Courvoisier® XO Cognac
- 4 oz Champagne Brute or extra dry only
Preparation: Build in the glass, add ice and top with Champagne and garnish with an orange peel.
Up and Up (Martini Style)
- 1.5 parts Courvoisier® XO Cognac
- 1 part Dolin® Dry Vermouth
- .5 parts parts Lillet® Blanc
Preparation: Build in a mixing glass, stir and strain into a glass. Garnish with a lemon swath if desires