I love Stirrings cocktail mixers and ingredients and have used them for years, and for this drink (devised for a local Facebook group's contest) I decided to use a blend of the Pomegranate and Orange mixers. I wanted to also showcase a drink with real fruit and decided a tall glass would be best. Once I thought about having a cocktail for parties, I decided to keep it lightened up with some sparkling water and the rest is history. I used the Cosmopolitan Rimmer on the glass because I thought its tart flavor would fit beautifully with the pomegranate and orange flavors in the drink and well, if I’m honest because I simply thought the light pink color would be pretty!
My professional taste testers all came over (OK, my neighbors came for dinner and drinks) and every single one of them raved about the drinks, both how pretty they looked and of how fantastic they tasted. OK, I might have done a bit more than just mix some vodka or tequila with a pre-made mixer but cocktail making is in my blood; I can’t help myself.
Pomegranate and Blood Orange Tequila Spritzer
- 3 oz Stirrings Pomegranate Martini Mixer
- 3 oz Stirrings Blood Orange Martini Mixer
- 3 oz tequila (I prefer a reposado for cocktails)
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- Juice of one lime
- Stirrings Cosmopolitan Cocktail Rimmer
- Sparkling soda, chilled
- Clementine orange slices and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Combine the mixers, tequila, triple sec and lime juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until ice cold.
- Rub the rim of two glasses with a lime and then dip into Cosmopolitan Rimmer garnish.
- Layer ice and orange slices in a glass and then pour mixture to within an inch of the top of the glass.
- Top with sparkling water and gently stir.
- Garnish with orange slices and pomegranate seeds. Serve with a straw if desired.
The author was provided product samples, but no compensation. for this post.
A version of this post, Pomegranate and Blood Orange Tequila Spritzer, appeared first on Creative Culinary | A Denver, Colorado Food and Cocktail Blog.