Ever wondered what it’s like to work in the wine world? Despite setbacks (natural disasters, climate change, and global wine production reportedly reaching a 50-year low), the industry is showing no signs of slowing down.
Consumers today — a mix of Gen X and Millennials — are buying more wine than ever, especially online. And their unique habits are shifting industry trends (think an increase in wine branding, the rise in popularity of certain varietals like rosé, and more).
And among those trends is hiring. Despite the wildfires that ravaged Northern California in 2017, wineries are looking to hire again despite a tourism slump, Bloomberg reports. California — which produces about 85 percent of all U.S. wine — employed approximately 786,000 people and generated $114 billion in annual economic activity in 2016, according to data from the Wine Institute. In other words, it’s a booming industry.
Interested in growing a career in wine? Read on to discover some great jobs where you’ll actually get to sip the wine as you sell it.
1. Wine Warehouse | On-Premise Sales Representative – Marin, Calif. Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits for California seeking an On-Premise Sales Representative with intermediate product knowledge … [Apply Now]
2. Gabriella Wines | Sales Representative, NYC/Brooklyn/LI – New York City An established NYC wine distributor specializing in fine wines from France is working to expand their sales profile in NYC, Brooklyn & Long Island … [Apply Now]
3. David Frost Wine |Sales Representative, Dallas/Austin/Houston – Dallas David Frost Wine is a boutique-wine brand from South Africa with a close tie to the golf community (PGA Tour & PGA Champions tour). David Frost is a 10-time PGA Tour winner with over 30 wins worldwide and has been named Golf’s original winemaker … [Apply Now]
4. BevStrat | Wine & Spirits Sales Reps – Miami BevStrat is seeking a full-time motivated Wine & Spirits Sales Rep with strong skills in Managing Products through the distribution channels and has demonstrated competencies in Sales, Analysis, Branding and Marketing Strategies.
5. Sans Wine & Spirits Company | Northern California Sales Representative – Pleasant Hill, CA Sans Wine and Spirits, a liquor importer, is looking to hire an energetic, highly organized, self-motivated Sales Representative for the Northern California territory.
Visit our job board, BevForce, for more great jobs.
ForceBrands is the leading recruiting firm that specializes in the beverage, food, and beauty industries.