Why yes it is Friday Cocktails on a Saturday. I just had one of those days. Not a bad day but visitors and phone calls and more visitors and by the time I had these photos completed it was either post really late or wait until this morning. Here I am! Besides, this is so light you could have it for brunch!
After a week of sherbets, I thought, ‘Why not end it on a cool note with a bubbly ice cream treat?’ Part cocktail, all dessert and so easy and delicious. I started serving frozen creations with Prosecco a couple of years ago after making some sorbet but it has now become standard summer fare. Not only is it the perfect light treat after a summer meal but the bubbly elevates simple ice cream and strawberries beyond ‘just’ a sundae.
This could not be easier. It’s almost as if switching up the serving dish alone makes it more special…and then add a bit of bubbly. Serving for a crowd including kids and non-drinkers? Simple, just sub sparkling soda or a lemon-lime beverage for the Prosecco. Whatever you choose it will be a welcome and light and easy. Just like this post. I have those days with nothing monumental to say (OK, not like I ever say anything all that monumental!) and I’ve threatened to just share a favorite and urge you to try it. That’s today.
It is SO good!
- 1 pint strawberries,hulled and quartered
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Prosecco, chilled
- Sprinke strawberries with the sugar, mix gently and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 scoop vanilla ice cream in each of four large glasses. Divide the strawberries between the 4 glasses.
- Pour Prosecco over ice cream and berries; serve with a spoon and a straw.
The post Strawberry Prosecco Float appeared first on Creative Culinary | Denver CO Food and Cocktail Blog.
- Then you must serve this to guests…although in France I ... by Creative Culinary
- This is just the prettiest thing! Pretty and yum – it really ... by Jamie
- Now that is a beautiful cocktail for a Saturday! Perfect way to ... by Christy @ Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- What a great idea! Prosecco and strawberries is a dynamite ... by John@Kitchen Riffs
- By: Kate | Food Babbles by Kate | Food Babbles