Strawberry Sage MargaritaEdit Post
Contributed by on May 30, 2019
Two readers love this post.
This Strawberry Sage Margarita recipe is adapted from the Hermosa Beach featured on forgottencocktails.com, substituting sage for the original basil. The strawberries sweeten the Margarita and assist in balancing the citrus - complimenting the reposado tequila which has agave with a mellow oak flavour.
- 60mL Resposado Tequila (2 oz)
- 30mL Fresh Lime Juice (1 oz)
- 22.5mL Simple Syrup (¾ oz)
- 1-2 Sage Leaves
- 2 x Strawberries
- Triple Sec (optional - if used, minimise or even omit the simple syrup)
- Muddle the strawberries
- Combine all ingredients into your cocktail shaker
- Shake with ice
- Strain over fresh ice into an old fashioned glass
- Garnish with a sage leaf