Sun and Snow - a Coconut Coffee CocktailEdit Post
Contributed by on Feb 21, 2016
Five readers love this post.
This drink was created for Mixology Monday CVI the theme for which is “Spring Break." The full post for that can be found here.
I prefer to make cold coffee cocktails with cold brewed coffee. This cocktail will work with whatever coffee syrup you like to use for cold coffee. I used a DIY syrup using Starbucks Sumatra. With the Sun and Snow, you have the flavors of coffee, coconut and vanilla with a hint of cinnamon and a touch of smokey spice from the chipotle. Take it easy with the agave, unless you like it sweet. Here then is the recipe:
Sun and Snow
- 2 oz. Cold brewed coffee syrup – undiluted
- 2 oz. Water
- 1 oz. Kalani Coconut Liqueur
- 1 oz. Licor 43
- 3/4 oz. Cream
- 1 dash Agave syrup
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Chipotle powder
- Chill a cocktail glass with ice and water
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake to chill and froth the cream – about 20-30 seconds
- Double strain in to the chilled cocktail glass
- Try not to get sunburned
Cold Brewed Coffee Syrup
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely ground coffee
- 5 cups water
- Combine coffee and water in a container stir well and let sit for 12 hours at room temperature.
- Strain, first through a fine mesh filter, then through a paper filter
- Keeps refrigerated for 1-2 weeks