DrinkWire is Liquor.com's showcase for the best articles, recipe and reviews from the web's top writers and bloggers. In this post, Home Bar Girl offers a celebratory twist on the same old Daiquiri.
Howdy y’all! It’s been a minute! How is everyone doing? Are we all collectively melting into a pool of sweat and heatstroke?
Last week was my Birfday and I had a fun filled week! It all started on Sunday when I decided I would “ring it in” with a couple of Daiquiri variations. I liked one of them enough to do a proper write up and so I present to you:
The Birthday Daiquiri!
What’s so special about this Daiquiri that now it’s my Official Birthday Drink™? Just check the ingredients:
- Denizen Aged White Rum*: hands down the most used Rum in my Home Bar cause it’s totally flavorful and super versatile. I love this Rum. #TeamDenizen
- Apricot Liqueur + St. George Absinthe Verte: recently discovered this flavor combo and DAMNNNNNNN, it’s fabulous! Put these two in a drink and your mouth will rejoice!
- Lime and Cane Sugar syrup: cause it’s a Daiquiri and we’re keeping it classic
*Note, Denizen Aged White Rum has a brown label now. I’m still working through this bottle and will get the updated bottle soon.
Pro Tip: I’ve put the Absinthe into a lil bottle with a dropper cause I’ve started adding it by the drop for more control.
Why no garnish? Cause when shit is this delicious, you don’t need to add anything else!
The Birthday Daiquiri
- 2 oz Denizen Aged White Rum
- 1/4 oz Rothman & Winter Apricot Liqueur
- 3/4 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz 1:1 Cane Sugar Syrup
- 8 drops St. George Absinthe Vert
- No Garnish
Combine ingredients and shake it like a rocket. Double strain into chilled coupe. Sip, smile, IT’S YOUR BIRTHDAY NOW!
If you’re an August baby like me and it really is your Birthday, Happy Happy to youuuu! Cheers!