The holidays can cause a lot of unnecessary stress. Whether it's getting the perfect gift, cooking too much food or trying to get your mother-in-law not to criticize every ornament on your tree. It's all just too much!
Let the booze that helps you get through the holidays, also offer the simplest recipe. This mulled wine is made in a crockpot so you just pour everything in and let it do its thing! Even better? I've discovered a blend of mulling spices that eliminates a ton of the work that goes into mulled wine but still offers all the taste.
Cheers to a warm and tipsy holiday season!
- a 750ml bottle medium-bodied wine (such as Merlot)
- 3 tbsp mulling spices
- 1 oz Four Roses Bourbon
- 1 cups sugar
- 3 cups brewed herbal tea
- Make the tea according to package directions. Let it steep and cool slightly. Add to CrockPot or a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the red wine and bourbon.
- Fill mulling ball or tea bag with mulling spice blend and place in the crockpot.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Heat in the crock pot on low for approximately 3 hours, or until warmed.
(Be sure to watch that the wine mixture doesn't boil.)
- Ladle into mugs and serve.
* Author was sent samples for this post. The thoughts, reviews and opinions are her own.