Toast to the end of the AIM EraEdit Post
Contributed by on Dec 13, 2017
Five readers love this post.
We’ve reached the end of a long (and somewhat forgotten) era ~ The AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) Era. Twenty years later, the creators of the social network that started it all, will be saying farewell to AIM on December 15>span class="contextualExtensionHighlight ms-font-color-themePrimary ms-border-color-themePrimary ident_1704_1824" tabindex="0" role="button">. As AIM, posts its final message, let’s raise a glass to a time before direct messages, emojis and bitmojis existed. As a tribute to the iconic leader in online communication, we are sharing a few cocktail recipes. Enjoy!
- Reminisce with your oldest friends while enjoying The Buddy List
- The Running Man is in a bright yellow hue, much like the well-known AIM logo
- Have a laugh at your embarrassing AIM screenname while enjoying The OG LOL
The Buddy List
- 1 part Pinnacle® Original Vodka
- 1 part DeKuyper® Pucker® Raspberry Schnapps
- 1 part Lime Juice
- 1 splash Cola
Preparation: Build over ice, stir gently, and serve.
The Running Man
- 1 part Pinnacle® Vodka
- 1 part Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
- 1 part DeKuyper® Amaretto
- 2 parts Orange Juice
- 2 parts Pineapple Juice
- Garnish with Maraschino cherry
Preparation: Build over ice in a tall glass. Stir, garnish and serve.
The OG LOL
- 2 parts Pinnacle® Original Vodka
- 1 part DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur
- 1 splash Orange Juice
- Peach Slice
Preparation: Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with peach slice.