Gentlemen, tomorrow is the day. The one holiday of the year that you have to remember, make an effort and hope she’s happy. But don’t sweat it, we have your survival guide for this year’s V-Day. Follow these rules and you can’t go wrong. (C’mon, you can at least do one.)
- Make her a cocktail: Nothing says, “I love you,” like a strong drink, at least to us. Try one of these cocktails to romance her:
- Surprise her: Send flowers to her office instead of waiting for her to get home; she won’t know what hit her. Plus you’ll get brownie points with all the other women in the office.
- Plan ahead: Don’t leave it until the last minute. Take the five minutes to make a dinner reservation and avoid the awkward, “We could order in?”
- Always buy something: She may say she doesn’t want anything but she’s lying. The possibilities are endless; just avoid kitchen appliances at all costs. You can never go wrong with champagne.
- Dress Up: Ditch the cargo pants and t-shirt. It won’t kill you to wear a button down for one night.
- Listen to her: She is probably dropping hints. Maybe she doesn’t want to go to your favorite restaurant or watch the game after dinner. Listen and do what she wants to do.
- If you’re single: crack a beer and be happy you don’t have to deal with any of this.
Best of luck tomorrow. Share your tips on how to make her happy on Valentine’s Day.