Tans are fading, the world is morphing into a pumpkin-induced frenzy and you spend your days searching aimlessly for unique costumes, that can only mean one thing? The witching hour is upon us.
If you are embracing your inner Sanderson sister and attending a ghastly gathering this Halloween (Wednesday, Oct 31), allow for Crystal Head Vodka, Cementerio Mezcalero (Mezcal Graveyard), and the Stella Rosa Wines “Stellaween Collection” to be that edgy accessory your costume desires.
And for those of you who prefer to stay tucked away from the hocus-pocus, we have conjured up some potions from Deep Eddy Vodka, Novo Fogo Cachaça, Slow and Low Rock & Rye, Tequila Avion and Crystal Head Vodka that should provide you with just enough heebie-jeebies to keep the ghouls away!
Pumpkin Spice Pie Martini
- 2 oz. Deep Eddy Original Vodka
- 1 oz. Dark Rum
- 1 oz. Half n half
- 2 tbsp. Canned pumpkin puree
- 1 oz. Maple syrup
- ¼ tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp Vanilla extract
- Graham crackers
- SugarInstructions: Smash up the graham crackers, cinnamon, and sugar together and wet the rim of the glass with maple syrup and dip it into your cinnamon, sugar, cracker mixture. Combine remaining ingredients into your cocktail shaker and shake for 30-45 seconds and pour and strain into your rimmed martini glass. Garnish with a little bit of grated nutmeg and cinnamon stick.
Crystal Head Smokin’ Head Caesar
- 2oz. Crystal Head Vodka
- 5 oz. Clamato( Caesar) or tomato juice (Bloody Mary)
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- dash of hot sauce
- tiny dash of liquid smoke
- garnish of your choice
- Ingredients for rim garnish:
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
Directions: Rub the rim of the glass with a lemon wedge and dip into salt, pepper, and smoked paprika mix. In a shaker half-filled with ice, add in all ingredients and shake well. Strain into the pre-rimmed glass filled with ice.
Optional Garnish Ideas:
- Celery and lime wheel
- Bacon wrapped mini meatball with two hot peppers
- Scallop and hot pepper skewer
- Spicy halved long bean skewer
TEQUILA AVIÓN GUMMY BEAR JELLO SHOTS
(Makes around 10 2oz shots)
GUMMY BEAR SYRUP
(Makes about one cup)
- 1 cup – Gummy Bears (Your choice in flavor- I did half cherry half lemon. Get creative!)
- 1 ½ cups – Water
- 1 pinch – Citric Acid
- 1 pinch – Salt
Method: Prepare a double boiler and add the Gummy Bears and the water to the top of the boiler. Let Gummy Bears slowly melt into the water, stirring occasionally. Once they are completely incorporated, transfer the mixture into a separate saucepan and add citric acid and salt and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture has reduced to 1 cup, you’re ready to build the shots.
THE JELLO SHOT
- 1 cup – Tequila Avión Silver
- 1 cup – Gummy Bear Syrup
- 1/3 cup – Powdered Gelatin (This is about half of what you’d normally use in a Jello shot, but since there’s gelatin in the Gummy Bears, you don’t need so much.)
Method: Add the Tequila Avión to the Gummy Bear Syrup while it’s still hot enough that it hasn’t started to set. Slowly whisk in gelatin, so that there are no big clumps. Prepare your serving vessels by spraying the insides of them lightly with olive oil cooking spray, so the shots will release more easily when they’re set up then transfer the mixture into a pourable container and pour into the prepared serving vessels. Place vessels in the refrigerator and let set up (about 2 hours). When they’re fully set, they’re ready to enjoy
Alice In Wonderland: Through The Looking Glass
By Mariena Mercer of Rose. Rabbit. Lie. (Las Vegas)
Take a trip with Alice in Wonderland, with this cult-classic inspired cocktail.
Typically served in The Porthole, a rapid-infusion chamber, the Through the Looking Glass houses nectarines, kaffir lime leaf, star anise, pineapple key, and a blood orange chip. This Novo Fogo and milk-clarified, margarita utilizes the 17th-century milk punch process, which leaves the cocktail as clear as a looking glass.
- 1 ½ oz Reposado Tequila
- ¼ oz Mezcal
- ½ oz Novo Fogo Cachaca
- ½ oz Giffard Passion Fruit Liqueur
- 1 oz Lime juice
- 1 ½ oz Bols Pineapple Chipotle
- 2 oz Pineapple juice
- 1 oz clarified milk per cocktail
- Mint sprig garnish